Below is a list of current positions available.
Executive Assistant – Part Time
Permanent part time position (3 – 4 days per week)
Based in St Leonards
Applications close Friday 31st January 2020
Our busy, client-focused, arts administration office needs a reliable, well-organised Executive Assistant to provide production and marketing support for various client and volunteer-driven campaigns and events. We’re looking for an energetic person with a focus on efficiency and time management, who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
A digital native with Arts Administration experience or an Arts Academic focus would suit this flexible role.
Recent graduates looking to build their experience and or candidates firmly embedded within the Sydney Arts scene looking for a nurturing, creative, supportive and flexible work environment are encouraged to apply
- Proven administrative or personal assistant experience
- Computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software packages
- Proficiency in CRM database administration (Salesforce preferable)
- Proficiency in Project / Task Management Software (Trello preferable)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
About the Employer
Fine Music 102.5 is owned and operated by the Music Broadcasting Society of New South Wales Co-operative Limited. Fine Music is a registered charitable organisation with a Charity Fundraising Number (CFN) and is listed with the Register of Cultural Organisations (ROCCO). Fine Music 102.5 is a Community Radio station and a member of the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA).
It is important to note that apart from a small staff team who manage the organisation operations, Fine Music 102.5 functions through the involvement of dedicated volunteers who generously contribute their time and talents across all aspects of the radio station.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant will provide assistance to the General Manager,the organisation’s Chief Executive Officer, and will often be trusted with complex duties and sensitive information. In addition to general administrative work, the Executive Assistant may also manage the scheduling of bookings and meetings, taking minutes during meetings, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations for the General Manager.
The Executive Assistant is expected to display the following skills:
- An ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Professional discretion
The Executive Assistant’s role is to generally ensure the smooth-running of the office, working both on a one-to-one basis with the General Manager and staff team as well as with internal and external clients.
A standard Executive Assistant job description entails:
- Acting as the point of contact between the General Manager and internal staff, volunteers and committees or external clients and stakeholders
- Organising meetings and booking meeting rooms
- Handling correspondence directed to the General Manager
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Dictation and minute-taking and writing them up subsequently
- Producing reports and presentations
- Maintaining the current booking, scheduling, filing, database and customer relationship management systems, and looking for ways to improve current systems
- Maintain currency of knowledge of appropriate legislation regarding copyright (on air, in print, and online), community broadcasting, and the rules of the OLGR, and ensure staff and volunteer compliance
- Maintain currency of knowledge of appropriate designated software and related technology required to complete the positions descriptions responsibilities within the workplace.
- Promote the culture, values, vision and mission of Fine Music